- The data controller, for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, is It’s Not Rocket Surgery LLP, Ashton Place, Hursley Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 1UB, UK.
The information we collect
- When you register as a Customer, we’ll ask you for some identifying information, such as your name and email address. You may also provide us with personal information in the course of using our services. When you’re logged in, our systems will also generate information about your use of our services.
- If you wish to subscribe to site or blog updates by email, you’ll need to provide your name and email address when subscribing.
Who holds the information
- Other than credit card details, we are the entity that will hold your personal information. We take good care of it and have systems and processes in place to protect it. Technically, your personal information is also held by our web host, (mt) Media Temple, Inc. and some of it is also held by our email provider MailChimp.
Consequences of not providing personal information
- If you don’t wish to provide the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the services you’re after.
Why we collect and store your personal information
- We collect and retain the personal information outlined above to enable us to identify you, to provide our services to you, to provide you with support and to communicate with you in relation to your use of our Service.
- We strictly control the disclosure of your personal information. We do not disclose your personal information unless we need to do so to protect our or third party rights or we have to by law.
How long the information will be held
- We’ll hold the information for as long as we are providing our services or as we consider expedient to enable subsequent communication with you. When we no longer require it for such purposes, we’ll delete it. You can still unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time and we will delete your personal information if you’d like us to.
- Our commercial messages to you will contain unsubscribe information so you can opt out of further receipt.
Other information and cookies
- We collect anonymous statistical information about visits to our Service using Google Analytics. The cookies that are generated for this purpose are described on our Cookies page.
Get in touch
- Feel free to get in touch if you’d like to see the personal information about you that we have stored, or to request correction of such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy. You’ll understand that we may need to ask for proof of your identity before providing you with any personal information. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version 1.0 – Last updated: 18 June 2016
View the changelog (A link to a changelog page will be added when some changes have been made. No changes have been made yet.)