- If you have any questions regarding our use of affiliate links, please contact us at email@example.com.
The nature of affiliate links
- When we refer to an affiliate link, we mean a link to a third party website that is selling goods or services. The link is unique in that it identifies us as the referrer of a potential customer to the third party website. If that potential customer purchases a good or service for which a sales commission is payable, we (the affiliate) receive a small payment from the provider of the third party website.
- You can identify whether a link is an affiliate link by looking for inclusion of an asterisk (“*”) at the end of a link. If a link ends with an asterisk (“*”), it is an affiliate link.
Why we use affiliate links
- The purpose of our using affiliate links is to provide us with an additional revenue stream (which may enable us to charge lower fees to our Customers than would otherwise be the case). In the past, affiliate links have sometimes had a ‘bad rap’ but this is only due to a lack of transparency as to their use. In our view, as long as an affiliate link is identified as such and is not accompanied by misleading statements or omissions, they are a perfectly legitimate means of revenue creation which may benefit all parties concerned.
- To avoid any confusion, we are the recipients of any affiliate income earned through any affiliate links within our Service.
Where we use affiliate links
- We may use affiliate links on this website and within our blog. We only do this where we believe it is appropriate to do so. We may insert affiliate links manually or we may use a plugin that rewrites ordinary links we have added to third party goods or services with affiliate links to the same destinations when the web page containing the links is loaded in a person’s browser.
- We may also use affiliate links in your Site. We will only do this by using a plugin as described above, or similar method, that rewrites ordinary links you have added to third party goods or services with affiliate links to the same destinations when the web page containing the links is loaded in a person’s browser. We do not manually amend the links in your content. Rather, your links are rewritten, within a browser session, when the page loads.
No tracking of individuals
- Our use of affiliate links does not involve our tracking of any identifiable individual’s browsing or purchasing behaviour or disclosing such personal information to third parties. We have no interest in doing this and do not do it.
Get in touch
- Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or feedback regarding our use of affiliate links. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may make changes to this Affiliate Linking Policy from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this website.
Version 1.0 – Last updated: 18 June 2016
View the changelog (A link to a changelog page will be added when some changes have been made. No changes have been made yet.)