Meet our founders and discover the story behind our business
We’re Alasdair and Kerry and this is the story behind
Making everyone’s life easier
A lot of people said they thought our wedding website was an excellent idea and some of our friends who were planning their own wedding said they might do it too.
What we quickly realised was it made keeping everyone in the loop about all the details a lot easier than sending emails or making phone calls.
And our guests appreciated having one place where they could find out all about our wedding.
When we were excitedly planning all the details for our wedding, our attention turned to the invitations and what we’d need to tell our guests. (It was also when we started designing the RSVP cards we’d include.) And we realised two things: there can be loads to cram in, and asking all the right questions was tricky.
A wedding and a brainwave
We married in 2013. But it wasn’t until some months later that we both had our brainwave. Coincidentally, both of us had the idea. On the same day. At about the same time. Marriage will do that to you.
Our idea and our promise to you
- To let you have your own website for your wedding.
- It’s important everything is as good as you can afford it to be. Getting married can be expensive and we want you to get the most out of your money. So you get something that’s really useful and really beautiful, without breaking the bank.
- We want your wedding site to match your style. Whether it’s traditional or outrageous. Flamboyant or minimalist. One you can use whether you’re good with computers or not.
- We’ll always be straight with you and give you choices. Because you should always know what you’re getting.
- You can try out Popup Weddings for free. And after your wedding you can keep it as long as you like. Or not. You’re in control.
- Got some feedback? Drop by our support pages, send us an email or hunt us down and camp outside our house (actually, on second thought, don’t do that).
- But however you want to get in touch, let us know what you’d improve. And we’ll do what we can to make Popup Weddings better.
We haven’t created this service on our own. We are a husband and wife who had an idea we wanted to share with others, but this wasn’t something we could achieve without help.
WriterAs a regular writer for our blog, Jo’s input is indispensable. She often tackles challenging subjects, making them enjoyable and interesting for our readers.
WriterMatt’s written for us about Gypsy weddings, gay weddings, sponsored weddings and the mechanics of taking bathroom breaks in a wedding dress. What can we say? He’s versatile.
WriterPaul wanders around the world trying to stay out of trouble as best he can. When he gets into trouble he writes about it. He writes a lot.
WriterLaura is our travel and fashion guru. Her experience working with holiday companies and design retailers proves invaluable for these posts.
EditorThe best-man’s brother and long-time friend of ours, Lewis is either helping keep the words on our site sounding like us or making sure those pesky writers aren’t wasting time on Reddit.
DeveloperSam’s a master of the journey. He’s pieced everything together, made our ideas come true and brought Johnny’s designs to life.
DeveloperWe’d be lost without Hector’s technical expertise. From getting things going to performing minor miracles, Hector helped make our vision possible.
InfrastructureProviding a service that’s fast and secure was important and Jodey helps keep things ticking along.
DesignerWhen we wanted the most beautiful wedding themes, we had two choices: get Leonardo da Vinci or get Johnny. Johnny was better at web design.